Legal, Permitting, and Regulatory Processes
Many construction projects are regulated by state and federal environmental agencies. This is especially true for culvert and bridge projects which, by their nature, disturb riparian areas and streams. On projects that have been designed by a consultant, the scope of services should require that the design engineer prepare required permits. This workshop will discuss what permits are required and when they are needed.
The following topics will be covered:
- Construction projects related to historic sites, national historic register, historic bridge issues by Kansas State Historical Society
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Permits
- DWR Permits and Environmental Coordinating Act by KDA
- KDHE permits for erosion control on construction projects
A required Roads Scholar Level III course.
- Understand the necessity of regulatory permits.
- Identify which regulatory permits are required for your projects.
- Understand what data is required for each permit.
- Obtain permit application examples.
- Effectively communicate with your consultant regarding project permits.
- Obtain contact information for each regulatory agency.
Instructor: Justin MaderSchedule an on-demand class by contacting email@example.com
Select A Session
|4/7/2022||Legal Permitting and Regulatory Processes||Emporia||View Session|