Legal, Permitting, and Regulatory Processes
Many construction projects are regulated by state and federal environmental agencies. This is especially true for culvert and bridge projects which, by their nature, disturb riparian areas and streams. On projects that have been designed by a consultant, the scope of services should require that the design engineer prepare required permits. This workshop will discuss what permits are required and when they are needed.
The following topics will be covered:
- Construction projects related to historic sites, national historic register, historic bridge issues by Kansas State Historical Society
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Permits
- DWR Permits and Environmental Coordinating Act by KDA
- KDHE permits for erosion control on construction projects
A required Roads Scholar Level III course.
- Understand the necessity of regulatory permits.
- Identify which regulatory permits are required for your projects.
- Understand what data is required for each permit.
- Obtain permit application examples.
- Effectively communicate with your consultant regarding project permits.
- Obtain contact information for each regulatory agency.
Instructor: Justin Mader
Schedule an on-demand class by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
We request that you cancel at least a week before a scheduled class. If someone from your agency can not attend a scheduled class, a replacement from your agency may attend in their place, as long as email@example.com is notified of the change.
If you have to cancel enrollment in a class, we offer a refund to your account depending on the cancellation date. Please see below for more details.
100% refund if you cancel 7 or more days before a class
50% refund if you cancel 3-6 days before a class
No refund if you cancel 0-2 days before a class
Absences due to extenuating circumstances will be handled on a case by case basis. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Select A Session
|10/10/2023||Legal Permitting and Regulatory Processes||Wichita - 1144 S. Seneca||View Session|