Making Safer Roads
This class will cover the basics of utilizing crash data to make safer roads and improve intersections. Topics include methods for finding crash statistics, simple safety programs that can be implemented by smaller agencies, mapping techniques, signing enhancement, countermeasure selection, and much more.
An elective Roads Scholar Level II course.
- Crashes, cause of crashes, where crashes occur, sources of data.
- Different safety analysis types: high accident locations, systemic, and systematic.
- Simple safety program for small agencies.
- Establishing a crash record system.
- How to obtain and understand official accident reports.
- Understand crash capping & crash diagrams.
- Selecting safety countermeasures.
- Basics of road safety audits and agency-wide safety plans.
- Signing requirements and enhancing signing at problem locations.
- How to obtain advice for traffic safety issues.
Instructor: Norm Bowers
Schedule an on-demand class by contacting email@example.com
We request that you cancel at least a week before a scheduled class. If someone from your agency can not attend a scheduled class, a replacement from your agency may attend in their place, as long as firstname.lastname@example.org is notified of the change.
If you have to cancel enrollment in a class, we offer a refund to your account depending on the cancellation date. Please see below for more details.
100% refund if you cancel 7 or more days before a class
50% refund if you cancel 3-6 days before a class
No refund if you cancel 0-2 days before a class
Absences due to extenuating circumstances will be handled on a case by case basis. Please email email@example.com with questions.
Select A Session
Sorry, there are no sessions currently available for this course at this time.