Making Safer Roads
This class will cover the basics of utilizing crash data to make safer roads and improve intersections. Topics include methods for finding crash statistics, simple safety programs that can be implemented by smaller agencies, mapping techniques, signing enhancement, countermeasure selection, and much more.
An elective Roads Scholar Level II course.
- Crashes, cause of crashes, where crashes occur, sources of data.
- Different safety analysis types: high accident locations, systemic, and systematic.
- Simple safety program for small agencies.
- Establishing a crash record system.
- How to obtain and understand official accident reports.
- Understand crash capping & crash diagrams.
- Selecting safety countermeasures.
- Basics of road safety audits and agency-wide safety plans.
- Signing requirements and enhancing signing at problem locations.
- How to obtain advice for traffic safety issues.
Instructor: Norm BowersSchedule an on-demand class by contacting email@example.com
Select A Session
Sorry, there are no sessions currently available for this course at this time.