This workshop provides many examples of local bridge maintenance problems, how to spot them, and how to fix them. It also reviews how to develop a bridge maintenance plan based on recommendations in your local government’s bridge inspection bound report and how to deal with bridge emergencies. Many types of bridges and culvert size structures will be covered in the workshop, including timber bridges. This workshop is a must for your bridge maintenance foreman and bridge crew personnel.
This workshop is intended for road and bridge foremen and staff who have responsibility for bridge inspection, maintenance, or management. This includes individuals from Kansas counties, cities, townships, and other organizations whose personnel are involved in bridge inspection, maintenance, or management.
An elective Roads Scholar Level II course.
- Organize Bridge Records for National Bridge Inspection Program
- Identify Bridge Superstructure Types & Critical Details
- Classify different elements in Maintaining a Safe Bridge Approach
- Utilize proper Bridge Deck Repair Techniques
- Recall the requirement for Bridge Load Rating
- Label different Types of Expansion Joints and Bearing Devices
- Carry out proper Timber Bridge Member Repair Techniques
- Compare different Substructure Preventative Maintenance Techniques
- Develop a Culvert Preventative Maintenance program
- Recognize what makes a Good Waterway
Instructor: Roger Alexander
Schedule an on-demand class by contacting email@example.com
We request that you cancel at least a week before a scheduled class. If someone from your agency can not attend a scheduled class, a replacement from your agency may attend in their place, as long as firstname.lastname@example.org is notified of the change.
If you have to cancel enrollment in a class, we offer a refund to your account depending on the cancellation date. Please see below for more details.
100% refund if you cancel 7 or more days before a class
50% refund if you cancel 3-6 days before a class
No refund if you cancel 0-2 days before a class
Absences due to extenuating circumstances will be handled on a case by case basis. Please email email@example.com with questions.
Select A Session
Sorry, there are no sessions currently available for this course at this time.