Asphalt Road and Street Maintenance
This course brings Kansas road and street crews information on maintaining Kansas low-volume paved roads and asphalt-treated wearing surfaces.
Two road and street maintenance classes are required for Roads Scholar Level I, this class satisfies one of the required courses.
- List the 10 commandments for good roads
- Utilize basic pavement evaluation system
- Select appropriate asphalt binder for application
- Recall different soil stabilization techniques
- Choose proper asphalt patching and repairs techniques
- Utilize proper crack sealing techniques
- Identify asphalt defects and preservation treatments
- Carry out proper chip sealing techniques
- Compare ARRA recycling methods
- Apply 3R’s (Right treatment, Right road, Right time)
Instructor: Rick Kreider
Schedule an on-demand class by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
We request that you cancel at least a week before a scheduled class. If someone from your agency can not attend a scheduled class, a replacement from your agency may attend in their place, as long as email@example.com is notified of the change.
If you have to cancel enrollment in a class, we offer a refund to your account depending on the cancellation date. Please see below for more details.
100% refund if you cancel 7 or more days before a class
50% refund if you cancel 3-6 days before a class
No refund if you cancel 0-2 days before a class
Absences due to extenuating circumstances will be handled on a case by case basis. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Select A Session
Sorry, there are no sessions currently available for this course at this time.