Overview of Engineering Functions in Public Works
This workshop will clearly illustrate functions where the law requires a professional engineer while supporting the road and bridge superintendent of Kansas county and city road and bridge departments.
Kansas county, city, tribal, township administrators, engineers, commissioners, and those who act on behalf of these individuals as well as KDOT district engineers will find this information helpful.
A required Roads Scholar Level III course.
- Reading plans and construction stakes
- Basic functions performed by engineers and surveyors
- Selecting an engineer, refining the scope of services, and determining a reasonable fee.
- Basic contract documents.
- History of land surveying and protection of corners.
- Standards used by engineers.
- Aggregate properties-hardness, gradations, and specifying materials.
Instructor: Norm Bowers
Schedule an on-demand class by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
We request that you cancel at least a week before a scheduled class. If someone from your agency can not attend a scheduled class, a replacement from your agency may attend in their place, as long as email@example.com is notified of the change.
If you have to cancel enrollment in a class, we offer a refund to your account depending on the cancellation date. Please see below for more details.
100% refund if you cancel 7 or more days before a class
50% refund if you cancel 3-6 days before a class
No refund if you cancel 0-2 days before a class
Absences due to extenuating circumstances will be handled on a case by case basis. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Select A Session
Sorry, there are no sessions currently available for this course at this time.