Road Scholar II Session
The Roads Scholar Level Two Program develops supervisory skills for persons engaged in public works maintenance and construction activities. A certificate is awarded to an individual who participates and passes all required courses for the level.
Supervisory Skills courses may be taken during the same time period of the Technical Skills courses. The Technical Skill certificate is required before the Supervisory Certificate will be awarded. Applicants need not be current supervisors. Individuals with more than 5 years of public works experience may choose to skip Level One and proceed to Level Two, with supervisor approval. Please submit a request to the Kansas LTAP Program at email@example.com.
Supervisory Skills Courses
- Fundamentals of Supervision
- Legal Aspects of Management
- Communication Skills for Effective Supervision
- Managing Employee Performance
- Providing Employee Safety (1/2 day live webinar)
- Supervisor's Role in Enhancing Cooperative Work Relationships
- Problem Solving for Effective Supervision
- Public Works I and II (2 days)
Supervisory Skills Electives
The following courses are not required, but one may be taken in place of one of the workshops listed above.