Gravel Road and Street Maintenance
Date: 3/27/2023 8:00 AM - 3/27/2023 4:00 PM
Location: Garden City - 101 W. Maple St.
101 W. Maple St.
Garden City, Kansas
Course Date & Time:
3/27/2023 | 8 AM - 4 PM | 12 PM Lunch Break | Lunch is provided
Maintaining the surface of roads requires motor grader operators to use a combination of skills, knowledge, techniques, and attitudes that are acquired over time. It takes constant work to keep skills polished. Kansas LTAP's Gravel Road Maintenance training not only sharpens operator's skills and techniques but teaches students the importance of safety and machine maintenance.
- Acquaint/remind you of preventative maintenance programs that may save time, labor, and expenditures for you, the management, and your governmental entity.
- Acquaint/remind you of the safety basics for the traveling public, your coworkers, and most of all YOU!
- Acquaint/remind you of the basics of road maintenance.
- Acquaint/remind you of the principles of a good road.
- Acquaint/remind you of the best and most widely used practices utilized for the accomplishment of your job.
- Acquaint/remind you of some operating techniques to accomplish your goals.
- Utilize information gained, points covered in the classroom, and your tactics in a hands-on field demonstration day following.
Instructor: Dale Dorsch
We request that you cancel at least a week before a scheduled class. If someone from your agency can not attend a scheduled class, a replacement from your agency may attend in their place, as long as email@example.com is notified of the change.
If you have to cancel enrollment in a class, we offer a refund to your account depending on the cancellation date. Please see below for more details.
100% refund if you cancel 7 or more days before a class
50% refund if you cancel 3-6 days before a class
No refund if you cancel 0-2 days before a class
Absences due to extenuating circumstances will be handled on a case by case basis. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.