Asphalt Road Maintenance [VIRTUAL]
This course brings Kansas road and street crews information on maintaining Kansas low-volume paved roads and asphalt-treated wearing surfaces.
Two road and street maintenance classes are required for Roads Scholar Level I, this class satisfies one of the required courses.
- List the 10 commandments for good roads
- Utilize basic pavement evaluation system
- Select appropriate asphalt binder for application
- Recall different soil stabilization techniques
- Choose proper asphalt patching and repairs techniques
- Utilize proper crack sealing techniques
- Identify asphalt defects and preservation treatments
- Carry out proper chip sealing techniques
- Compare ARRA recycling methods
- Apply 3R’s (Right treatment, Right road, Right time)