Asphalt Road and Street Maintenance
Date: 2/28/2023 8:00 AM - 2/28/2023 3:00 PM
Location: Garden City - 101 W. Maple St.
101 W. Maple St.
Garden City, Kansas
2/28/2023 | 8 AM - 3 PM | 12 PM Lunch Break (Lunch is Provided)
This course brings Kansas road and street crews information on maintaining Kansas low-volume paved roads and asphalt-treated wearing surfaces.
- List the 10 commandments for good roads
- Utilize basic pavement evaluation system
- Select appropriate asphalt binder for application
- Recall different soil stabilization techniques
- Choose proper asphalt patching and repairs techniques
- Utilize proper crack sealing techniques
- Identify asphalt defects and preservation treatments
- Carry out proper chip sealing techniques
- Compare ARRA recycling methods
- Apply 3R’s (Right treatment, Right road, Right time)
Instructor: Rick Kreider
Two road and street maintenance classes are required for Roads Scholar Level I, this class satisfies one of the required courses.
Schedule an on-demand class by contacting email@example.com
We request that you cancel at least a week before a scheduled class. If someone from your agency can not attend a scheduled class, a replacement from your agency may attend in their place, as long as firstname.lastname@example.org is notified of the change.
If you have to cancel enrollment in a class, we offer a refund to your account depending on the cancellation date. Please see below for more details.
100% refund if you cancel 7 or more days before a class
50% refund if you cancel 3-6 days before a class
No refund if you cancel 0-2 days before a class
Absences due to extenuating circumstances will be handled on a case by case basis. Please email email@example.com with questions.