Asset Management and Cost Accounting
Date: 4/13/2023 - 4/13/2023
Location: Salina County Road and Bridge
3424 Airport Road
This workshop will provide information on asset management and cost accounting processes. Those participating in this training will improve their skills in developing project budgets and tracking expenditures. Participants will learn essential components to asset management systems and observe demos of a sampling of management systems used by counties and cities in Kansas.
A required Roads Scholar Level III course.
- Understand the basics of budgets and work constraints provided by limited funding.
- Cost Accounting: What it is and why we need it. Common pitfalls.
- Components of performance measures and benchmarking.
- Management systems: what they are and why we need them.
- Key components of a management system.
- Roadblocks to implementing a management system.
- Key components of a culvert management system.
- Key components of a pavement management system.
- Understand pavement rating and surface defects.
Instructor: Norm Bowers
Schedule an on-demand class by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
We request that you cancel at least a week before a scheduled class. If someone from your agency can not attend a scheduled class, a replacement from your agency may attend in their place, as long as email@example.com is notified of the change.
If you have to cancel enrollment in a class, we offer a refund to your account depending on the cancellation date. Please see below for more details.
100% refund if you cancel 7 or more days before a class
50% refund if you cancel 3-6 days before a class
No refund if you cancel 0-2 days before a class
Absences due to extenuating circumstances will be handled on a case by case basis. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
|Public Fee (Public): $80.00||Register